- Your Photos
Getting to know me: 10 Truths about Diane McKinney
1. My name is Diane, and I’m a coffee addict. There! They say the first step is admitting it. I hope the second step is pouring another cup of coffee.
2. Watching, “P.S. I Love You” makes me ugly cry. Every. Single. Time.
3. My home is literally throwing up Apple products, and yet I still manage to get into a fight with their email platform at least once a day. I shake my fist and threaten to switch everything we own over to Android/PC. (I’m pretty sure the devices mock me and make rude gestures when I turn my back… but I can’t prove anything. Yet.)
4. My daughters are amazing. They are artistic and one has already started her own junior photography business. She makes me model regularly and I haven’t had the heart to tell her I am better behind the camera than in front of it! Both are determined to seek out every extreme sport possible where body-mangling is a distinct possibility, and might have even invented a few of their own. I’ve tried to convince them that the thrills of piano lessons could really get their heart rate pumping – I mean imagine the pain of jamming your pinky? Can you believe they just rolled their eyes at me?
5. I call our yellow Lab ‘The Beast’ – She steals any piece of food the moment you turn your back, consumes my hydrangea plants every time I plant one (not sure what is up with that), and somehow managed to put a pair of underwear on her head. I will not ever admit how much I love her to anyone, other than you (I know I can trust you not to tell!)
6. My husband is my soul mate. He makes all things possible because he believes in me. Even on my ‘less sane’ days – that’s gotta be love! He is absolutely my better half.
7. I can destroy a box of Thin Mints in less than 2 minutes. No lie. Those darling little Girl Scouts come to my door every year with a mercenary gleam in their sweet eyes. I imagine I’ve helped countless troops beat their cookie sales goals over the years.
8. When I was young, I was all about the Arts. Then I took a 10-year detour into corporate America to swim with the sharks. Shortly before my mom passed away she held my hand, and told me how happy she was that I was finally doing something with my Art/my passion. I think about her all the time, and can feel her smiling down on me.
9. It isn’t just a photo. I don’t just snap the shutter and say, “Got it!” because you are in the frame. These are your memories. They are special, unique, and one-of-a-kind. They are the moments in time you’ll never have back other than through the art of the photos I take and the feelings in your heart. So I want them to be perfect for you. The backdrop, the setting, the way the light hits your cheek, the details that matter to you – your mother’s wedding veil, your grandmother’s cross, the special way your baby scrunches his nose. I want you to look at these photos in a year, ten years, fifty years, and be able to feel everything that matters.
10. My business is built on relationships. I get to know you, and together we decide on the perfect approach for whatever project or life event brought you to me. I absolutely love being part of every event in my clients’ lives. It is the greatest compliment I can get to become your go-to photographer after our first event together, and I’m beyond blessed that it happens so frequently.
I love new and exciting projects – if you have an idea, drop me a fast note so we can work on it together! I can totally think outside the box. Unless it is a box of Thin Mints, and then we all know what will happen to the inside of that box…
The Magic of Photography – What Can We Do For You?
As a full service photography studio, we are here to make your memories magical, with location shots and studio sessions. We started out 100% weddings for the first 8 years then when a client approached me about photographing her newborn I fell in love with portraiture. I have grown as my clients needs have grown learning almost every aspect of photography. (Well except maybe aerial photography! Eeeek!) We cater to families, individuals, couples, adults, kids, babies, business and professional shots, dogs, ducks, your pet rock… pretty much we do it ALL! (Again except aerial. LOL)
|Engagement Photography||Children Photography|
|Wedding Photography||Newborn Photography|
|Trash The Dress||Family Photography|
I also have extensive services available for my client’s who are growing their business or need to create a polished online presence. Our professional services include:
|Commercial Photography||Real Estate Photography|
We love to expand to meet the needs of our clients so if you are looking for a particular service shoot me an email, text message, or phone call to see if we could accommodate your business needs.
It's no secret I love weddings. I love the special magical moments that just happen. I love the nervousness before the ceremony and the relief as soon as the bride and groom walk down that aisle together at the end
Part 3 in Choosing the right location for your family portraits. Historic Oakview. Another one of my favorites. It can be a little crowded with photographers depending on the time of year but it's still a great location. I love
This is part two of choosing the right location for your family portrait. If you haven't read my previous blog post regarding the method in which to choose the best location here is a link to read up on the